- NEW: center position for watermarks
- FIX: added support for
audio/amrto the mobile native client
- NEW: moved all billing details and the cancel subscription button under the new Subscription section
- NEW: we're now also showing the sum for failed payment attempts
- FIX: updates to the reconnection mechanism (fix when the user presses the STOP button while the recording client is disconnected
- The HTML5 recorder is now used instead of the Flash one on
::1on both Chrome 63+ and Firefox 50+ (localhost is a secure origin)
- We're now defaulting to the 640x360 @ 30 fps resolution for the recorder in the Pipe account area
New and Improved Webhook Section
The webhook section has received some much-needed updates and functionality improvements:
- We now show the list of events for which we've fired webhooks in the new webhook schedule section
- You can now re-send each webhook event independently. We're also showing the number of attempts to fire each scheduled webhook event.
- You now have access to up to 30 days (PRO accounts) or 72 hours (Standard accounts) of data for both the webhook schedule and the webhook logs as opposed to the last 100 attempts as it was until now.
- Search the schedule and logs by recording ID and custom data
- Filter the logs and schedule by HTTP status (200 or Other)
- Added pagination for navigating through large sets of events & logs
- You can now deactivate and reactivate webhooks
- We've added more sample data to the Simulator (Test) section and also brought the samples up to date
- We've greatly improved how we're showing the request & response headers and bodies
- We accurately measure the response time for each attempt to send data to you
- Quickly switch between webhooks with the drop down menu
- Connection, SSL & HTTP response status now shown for each attempt to push data
Subscribe Again With The Same Account
You can now subscribe, cancel the paid subscription and then resubscribe with the same account as many times as you want. This will make it easier for accounts with periodical usage to use Pipe.
Out Of Beta
FTP Push Update
Pipe will now connect to FTP in passive connection mode and then fall back to active connection mode if passive is not supported.
Introducing the Transcoding Engine
Aaand liftoff, we have successfully launched the Transcoding Engine!
The Transcoding engine gives you control over the output of the Pipe platform.
Whether you need to change the aspect ratio and resolution of your videos, have the snapshot taken in different sizes, keep copies of the original recordings or generate a filmstrip to quickly scan the contents of a video, the Trancoding Engine has your back :)
You can use the S3 push feature to push recordings to your DigitalOcean Space so we've made small copy changes to the account area to align the wording.
More accurate Browser and OS info
Browser versions in the recordings list are now a bit more accurate. Ohh and we've added the OS version as well!
Easier Screen Recording
- screen recording now works in both Chrome 72+ and Firefox 66+.
- screen recording now works without an extension
Thus you can now enable screen recording from the options menu in the Embed section of your dashboard:
Once enabled, the Record Screen button will show and you can start capturing the screen right away.
Check out the blog post for detailed info.
getUserMedia() Logs To The Rescue
We've just launched a new Logs section that gives you access to all the successful and failed attempts to access the camera and microphone with
This section is a very useful tool to help you give better customer support, get accurate analytics and look up user attempts to grant access to their camera and microphone.
You can find out more details in the blog post.